Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting Problem

I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. In column A of wksht 1, I type employee
names. In column A of wkshts 2 and 3 I have = to then the cells in wksht 1,
so I only have to type the names one time.
So when I add a new employee it automatically adds it to the other pages. My
problems is when I sort the names into alpha order. I need other columns in
wkshts 2 & 3 , to follow the sorting of names.

Is there a way to to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. In column A of wksht 1, I type
employee names. In column A of wkshts 2 and 3 I have = to then the
cells in wksht 1, so I only have to type the names one time.
So when I add a new employee it automatically adds it to the other
pages. My problems is when I sort the names into alpha order. I need
other columns in wkshts 2 & 3 , to follow the sorting of names.

I tried this in Excel 2003, and it already works the way you want. I used
Data Sort
to do the sorting.

If you don't use
Data Sort
but instead manually insert/delete cells/rows in wksht 1 or use cut-paste,
you won't get the result you want. In that case, a different approach is
needed; for example, using something like
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A, ROW(), COLUMN())
in wkshts 2 & 3.