Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ayo Ayo is offline

Default Fixed object will move ??

I get the above message when using the auto-filter in Excel 2003 whilst
working with really voluminous data. I am worried that info might not be
accurate if something is indeed moving. Can anyone advise what it means
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have pictures/buttons/comboboxes/other objects in the rows that are are
autofiltered?

Maybe excel is warning you that when you apply the filter, at least one of these
objects will move???

If you do have objects in those rows, you may want to make sure that they're
entirely in a single row.

And with some objects, you can make sure that they move or size with cell (some
objects don't support this feature).

If you hit F5 (or edit|goto or ctrl-g), you can click special and choose
objects. It may help you find them.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ayo Ayo is offline

Hi Dave. I am quite sure that I haven't got any objects in the spreadsheet...
I have also used the F5 key to be double sure - thank you very much anyway!