Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Quick Access Tool Bar won't save customization

I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Doug

What is the format of the workbook ?

Is it your personal file ???

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Doug

It is an .xlsm file and it is a personal file.

If the file is hidden it also hide the QAT or Ribbon changes that you made with RibbonX
Do you see it if you unhide the file ?

Save it as a Add-in and you will see it

--

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?
--

Hi Doug

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Doug" wrote:

I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?

I just noticed that it will save it in general but won't save it for only
this particular workbook. I don't want the macros available by default
though in other excel files.
--

Hi Doug

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you hide a workbook (View Hide) you not see your changes
For example personal.xlsb is a hidden workbook

Follow the steps on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

--

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?
--

Hi Doug

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I followed everything on the link. Even changed the Add-in. It now looks like
an M when I open the workbook, but it still doesn't remember the macros that
I add to the QAT when I close out of the workbook...
--

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?
--

Hi Doug

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this a good email

I tried sending and it wouldn't.
Mail System Error - Returned Mail
--

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?
--

Hi Doug

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I have several macros that I use and put them on the quick access tool bar
for ease of use. After I have saved the workbook and close it, I then open it
back up and they have been removed. Is there any likely solution for this?
The commands that I am trying to put in are 5 macros that I use to filter a
table and 1 command to clear filter.
--
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More info here

I create a draft page about it today
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qatbuttonbug.htm

I hope you can test it and let me know if it is working OK

--

"Doug" wrote in message ...
I just looked in the properties of the file to make sure and it is not a
hidden file.
I am not sure what you mean by Save it as a Add-in and you will see it
though. Is there another way to save the customization to the Quick Access
Tool Bar?
--

Hi Doug