Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Switch from Columns <- Rows

If I have a column of data:

1
2
3
4
5
etc

and I want to convert that into a row of data (transpose it):

1 2 3 4 5 etc

is there an Excel function to do this easily? I'm using Excel 97 SR-1.
Thanks,
Alain

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way
Assume the source col data is in A1:A5
Put in say, C1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$5,COLUMNS($A:A))
Copy across to G1
--
Max
Singapore