Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro for Address verification/validation

Hello,

I have an excel spread sheet that has 4 columns of Street, City, State, Zip
and I wonder if there is a Macro in that I can validate/verify the
correctness of these address against a database etc...
--
Jeff B Paarsa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is your database in Excel? what does your database look like - what fields?
How do you know that all the addresses are in the database? And by valid
address do you mean one that agrees for all four columns?

Normally you might do something like this if your data was in A1:D100 and
your database was in M1:P1000

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1=M$1:M$1000),--(B1=N$1:N$1000),--(C1=O$1:O$1000),--(D1=P$1:P$1000))

Copy this down say in column E1:E100 and if the result is 1 the address was
found if 0 it was not found.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire