Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formating time

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that imports time from another program and looks
somewhat like this:
Other Time ACW Time
4:35:20 1:23:07
:07:11 :28:03
:24:10 :00:00
:09:49 :07:19
:27:01 :06:19
:19:11 :00:00
:05:44 :12:35
:25:02 :00:00
:14:28 :09:16
1:08:00 :19:35
:12:13 :00:00
:17:54 :00:00
:07:53 :00:00
:36:44 :00:00

The problem I ran into is with the times that are less than an hour; they
all show up with a colon in front and not digit. This is causing a problem
when I try to add up the times - I get an error. I tried to format the cells
as time (13:30:55) but nothing happened.

Help! :(

TIA,
Marta