Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing data from websites into excel

Hi i understand we can use the data / get external data tab to import info
but I was wandering about Smarttags. In the Help section they indicate that
you can import stock info if yo uhave the right tag - for eg MSFT for info on
Microsoft,

It works but I was wandering why i cldnt import info on (1) Malaysian stocks
or (2) currency quotes?

How shld I go abt finding the righst smart tag to do this because when i
typed EURO - i only had an option to insert as a refreshable stock price?

Nothing abt currency price?

Does these smart tags only work for MSN sites?

Any advise on how to extract data would be welcome or is it just best to use
the " get external data" from web fundtion and select the data ?