Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel spreadsheet prints differently on different printers

For at least 10 years I have found that Excel prints differently on different
printers.
When I moved from LaserJet 2 to Laserjet 3 I had to reconfigure my layout.
I have an A4 sheet which is then folded into 4 columns. It has printed
correctly on my LaserJet 1300 for 2 years but now prints a smaller sheet. If
I print to my Canon MP170 it still prints correctly. When I send this sheet
to my friends many report that it does not fill the full A4 sheet.
I do not have this problem with any other program. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you're setting up the print layout, choose the "worst" printer you
have--make sure everything fits on that printer.

For example if you have (or suspect that you'll have) to support a printer that
has a minimum top margin of 2 inches, then use a 2 inch top margin (or even
2.5").

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for responding but this is not a printer margins issue. You will
note that my Laserjet 1300 prited fine for 2 years and now changed. At the
same time the Inkjet remains true to the planned layout.