Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to make a macro

I have a spreadsheet of customers, I have amount paid and amount due. I need
to get the paid and due amounts along with the balance remaining on a
seperate table

Can anyone help??

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure if I am reading this correctly. However, Vlookup may be the
function you need. To use your customer ID (or name) to lookup a balance:

=VLOOKUP(A2,CustTable,3,FALSE)

In the above
- A2 is the cell with the customer name or ID
- CustTable is the data range containing cutomer information and your
balance remaining.
- 3 is the column containing the balance
- FALSE causes EXCEL to return #N/A if there is no match.

Note the value being looked up should be in the first column of the lookup
table.

Vlookup information: