Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The appearence of a fraction

Usually when I type a fraction ie 1/2, excell would change it to look like
this ½ . Now when I type 1/2, it stays just like that. Can you help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could set this up with Tools | Autocorrect - just type 1/2 in the
Replace box and Alt-0189 in the With box, then click on Add. Alt-0189
means you should hold down the Alt key and type 0189 on the numeric
keypad. Now if you type 1/2 in a cell it will be changed to ½.

You can also change 1/4 to ¼ using Alt-0188, and 3/4 to ¾ using
Alt-0190.

Note that this will then affect Word in the same way.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 28, 3:19*am, alvaskpa
wrote:
Usually when I type a fraction ie 1/2, excell would change it to look like
this *½ . *Now when I type 1/2, it stays just like that. *Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure that you're thinking of Excel, not Word? If so, which version
behaved like that?
--
David Biddulph

"alvaskpa" wrote in message
Usually when I type a fraction ie 1/2, excell would change it to look like
this ½ . Now when I type 1/2, it stays just like that. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am using Excell 2007. It works in Word 2007 and was working in Excell 2007
¼ 1/4
These examples are from the same document but in different cells. The
document is saved as 2007-2003. I may have changed the save as along the
way. Can't remember and do not know if that would cause the change. Thanks,
Bessie

"alvaskpa" wrote in message
Usually when I type a fraction ie 1/2, excell would change it to look like
this ½ . Now when I type 1/2, it stays just like that. Can you help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, I'm an idiot. I figured it out. David you were partly correct. I
originally was using Word and then decided to copy and past the info to
Excell. Thank you for trying to help me. I also will try Pete's suggestion.
Thanks again