Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Count Help

I have in Column A names that repeat. How do I create a formula in B where
it counts the name only once. Below is an example

Before
1 BA
2 CA
3 BA
4 BA
5 CB

After
A B
1 BA BA
2 CA CA
3 BA CB
4 BA
5 CB

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
suppose your list start in cell a2, in B2 enter

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)=1,A2,"")

copy formula down

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have in Column A names that repeat. How do I create a formula in B where
it counts the name only once. Below is an example

Before
1 BA
2 CA
3 BA
4 BA
5 CB

After
A B
1 BA BA
2 CA CA
3 BA CB
4 BA
5 CB

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way would be to use this formula in B1

=A1

then in B2 copied down as far and more than you need

=IF(ROWS(B$2:B2)=SUMPRODUCT((A$1:A$1000<"")/COUNTIF(A$1:A$1000,A$1:A$1000&"")),"",INDEX(A$1:A$ 1000,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX(ISNA(MATCH(A$1:A$1000,B$1:B1 ,0)),0),0)))

--
barry houdini
barry houdini's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=72