Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing data from daily worksheets into my annual report

Ok, I am very much a beginner when it comes to working in Excel, so please
keep that in mind when replying.
How can I input specific data from a month's worth of spreadsheets into my
annual one?
I use excel to maintain call logs for three different departments, keeping
track of who calls, and walk in traffic for them. At the end of the day, I
have been taking those numbers and inputting them manually into my annual
speadsheet. I just add them to the subtotal for the previous day and so on.
Specifically, it's data from only four cells from my original workbooks
(each day's logs.) How do I do this? The four cells are in different
locations on the daily reports,according to call volume, and I want to them
to feed into the annual report without me having to manually enter the
numbers form each day and adding them to the rest of the month's data. (kind
of defeats the purpose of using excel if I can't, right?)

I'm hoping I've said this in a manner that makes sense, If not I am more
than willing to work with someone to get it right.
Thank you for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggested using VLookup formulas written in by a macro. Also suggested
putting all days of month in ONE file.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg
and a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel