Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average Sum needs blank if no info

OK. I am ver ynew to excel and my boss wants me to create a fileto
gather her info in.

=AVERAGEA(B3;D3;F3)

Thats my formula i have figured out and got done. But on the days i
have no info yet it shows #DIV/0!, I figure this is for an error
meaning no data has been entered yet.

How can I have that show up blank until data is entered?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(and(max(B3;D3;F3)=0, min(B3;D3;F3)=0), "", average(B3;D3;F3))
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

OK. I am ver ynew to excel and my boss wants me to create a fileto
gather her info in.

=AVERAGEA(B3;D3;F3)

Thats my formula i have figured out and got done. But on the days i
have no info yet it shows #DIV/0!, I figure this is for an error
meaning no data has been entered yet.

How can I have that show up blank until data is entered?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 24, 9:25*am, Jim Thomlinson <James_Thomlin...@owfg-Re-Move-
This-.com wrote:
=if(and(max(B3;D3;F3)=0, min(B3;D3;F3)=0), "", average(B3;D3;F3))
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Gave me an error. Err:508. if that helps

" wrote:
OK. I am ver ynew to excel and my boss wants me to create a fileto
gather her info in.

=AVERAGEA(B3;D3;F3)

Thats my formula i have figured out and got done. But on the days i
have no info yet it shows #DIV/0!, I figure this is for an error
meaning no data has been entered yet.

How can I have that show up blank until data is entered?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I bet Jim uses a comma for his list separator.

And he was being very nice when he used semi-colons in his suggested
formula--but he missed a couple of commas (fingers KNOW what to type <vbg).

Try changing those 2 commas to semicolons.

(although I'm not sure what that 508 error is...)

" wrote:
OK. I am ver ynew to excel and my boss wants me to create a fileto
gather her info in.

=AVERAGEA(B3;D3;F3)

Thats my formula i have figured out and got done. But on the days i
have no info yet it shows #DIV/0!, I figure this is for an error
meaning no data has been entered yet.

How can I have that show up blank until data is entered?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc