Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consolidate data or group date?

I am not sure if this can be done, and I am going to have a hard time
explaining it. But - I need a list that has a title of "ASHIFT" (this part I
can do). I want to be able to choose that title and enter that into a
particular cell - say I3 (i can do this part too). I would then choose I3 to
equal the title "ASHIFT". But then I have a list of names in cells B4:B61 -
I need the names that are in the list (which would be about 8-10 names) to
conditionally format the respective cells in the I column (for instance if
one of the names is in B14 - I want I14 to equal "REG SHIFT"). The names
that are in the B column change - so one day one name might equal B14 and the
next it might equal B10??? I would still need the I column to equal the same
B column where the name is.

I have tried making a conditional format saying
=IF($I3="ASHIFT",$B4:$B61="THISTLE") then format $B4:$B61 with the color
blue. Which for some reason will only color B4? But, then I can't do the
second half, which I would think have $B4:$B61 to have the respective I
column equal text "REG SHIFT", but I don't know how to do this. Maybe I am
using the wrong things? Please help.

Christine