Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table - problem with field

Hello,

I received the following message when trying to run PivotTable report.."A
field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a
PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not be able to create the
report, or may create the report without the data from this field."

The field the message referred to is a 9 digits field and has no space in
front of column title. Please help!

--
Thanks,
XIDEN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This sounds like a version issue. What version of Excel are you using and
where are you trying to place the field- a row, column, data, or page field?

For example in 2007:

Unique items per field 1,048,576

earlier versions have lower limits.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Xiden" wrote:

Hello,

I received the following message when trying to run PivotTable report.."A
field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a
PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not be able to create the
report, or may create the report without the data from this field."

The field the message referred to is a 9 digits field and has no space in
front of column title. Please help!

--
Thanks,
XIDEN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane,

I have Microsoft Office 2003. The table was exported from Access query and
contains many columns and about 4,000+ rows. I was able to place this
particular field in data area; however, it would let me place it in row area.

Thanks,
XIDEN

"Xiden" wrote:

Hello,

I received the following message when trying to run PivotTable report.."A
field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a
PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not be able to create the
report, or may create the report without the data from this field."

The field the message referred to is a 9 digits field and has no space in
front of column title. Please help!

--
Thanks,
XIDEN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Xiden" wrote:

Hi Shane,

I have Microsoft Office 2003. The table was exported from Access query and
contains many columns and about 4,000+ rows. I was able to place this
particular field in data area; however, it would not let me place it in row area.

Thanks,
XIDEN

"Xiden" wrote:

Hello,

I received the following message when trying to run PivotTable report.."A
field in your source data has more unique items than can be used in a
PivotTable report. Microsoft Office Excel may not be able to create the
report, or may create the report without the data from this field."

The field the message referred to is a 9 digits field and has no space in
front of column title. Please help!

--
Thanks,
XIDEN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Xiden" wrote:

Hi Shane,

I have Microsoft Office 2003. The table was exported from Access query and
contains many columns and about 37,000+ rows. I was able to place this