Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet not opening properly

I am using Excel 2007 (Office 2007) on XP Pro with latest service pack
installed and Small Business Server 2003

When anyone in our office opens an Excel spreadsheet file from the My
Computer path instead of opening Excel program first the spreadsheet will not
open unless we click the MS Office Button. Then the spreadsheet loads
properly.

The spreadsheets will normally load properly if we open Excel program first
then navigate to the proper folder and file.

I read several posts on this discussion group that mentioned unchecking the
"ignore other applications" option. I already have that item unchecked and
still we are experiencing the spreadsheet not opening issue.

I am curious as to whether Microsoft has posted a fix for this issue as yet,
or if someone has discovered the problem and has a different or additional
fix from what has already been reported here prior.

Thank you for your help,
--
John R.