Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Working Days function copied down column

Hi

What i'm wanting to do is add a certain number of working days excluding
holidays to a date. I've seen the formula below which works OK.

=start_date+IF(days=0,0,SIGN(days)*SMALL(IF((WEEKD AY(start_date+SIGN(days)*(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(da ys)*10))),2)<6)*ISNA(MATCH(start_date+SIGN(days)*( ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(days)*10))),holidays,0)),ROW (INDIRECT("1:"&ABS(days)*10))),ABS(days)))

This only allows you to have one date as the start date. What i need is the
cells in column A will have different dates in and the cells in column B will
have the formula in. I need a formula that can be copied down column B that
will pick up the different dates in column A.

I can't use the analysis toolpack addin.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand what you want just replace each call to start_date with the
cell reference. For example, A1. Then, as you copy down the cell ref will
increment accordingly.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP