Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default match then return a value

Hello there,

I am looking for some help. I have two spreadsheets and I need to match the
policy number from worksheet 1 and 2 and if they are a match then add the
renewal date in speadsheet #1.

Any help is appreciated

ie.

Worksheet 1
A B C
NAME Policy # Renewal date
John 32 ?
Chris 16 ?
Brian 15 ?

Worksheet 2

A B
Policy # Renewal Date
32 12/12/2009
24 15/01/2001
15 15/03/2006
16 18/02/2003
18 24/09/2006
17 17/06/2005

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don Guillett wrote:
A simple VLOOKUP formula will do this.

Hello there,

[quoted text clipped - 24 lines]
18 24/09/2006
17 17/06/2005

Thanks but I was hoping I could have assistance with the Vlookup formula. I
keep getting errors.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:12:48 GMT, "Kristina1976 via OfficeKB.com"
<u51495@uwe wrote:

Hello there,

I am looking for some help. I have two spreadsheets and I need to match the
policy number from worksheet 1 and 2 and if they are a match then add the
renewal date in speadsheet #1.

Any help is appreciated

ie.

Worksheet 1
A B C
NAME Policy # Renewal date
John 32 ?
Chris 16 ?
Brian 15 ?

Worksheet 2

A B
Policy # Renewal Date
32 12/12/2009
24 15/01/2001
15 15/03/2006
16 18/02/2003
18 24/09/2006
17 17/06/2005

Try this formula in cell C2 on Worksheet 1:

=VLOOKUP(B2,'Worksheet 2'!A$2:B$100,2,FALSE)

Copy the formula down as far as needed.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke