Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Revenue Forecast Template

Trying to customize the template "revenue forecast" in Excel. The template
comes with 4 tabs, one is read me (which provides little assistance), a
revenue forecast, calculations, and dashboard tab. The revenue forecast tab
comes with 41 lines, I added another 40. Trying to figure out how to
manipulate the DSUM to include my new lines of data in the revenue forecast,
with the calculation tab. Went to my IS Department, they couldn't figure it
out. Anyone have an idea, or where is the best place to get some help with
this template?
--
Never blend in, FJHawley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

the syntax of the DSUM function is

=DSUM(Data,Column,Criteria)

You need to modify the Data reference. Just change the first argument so it
goes down more rows, so if it reads A1:D41, change it to A1:D81. If it is a
range name like "Data" then you can either redefine the range name or replace
the name with the range. Remember the first row of the Data range is the
title row.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"fjhawley" wrote:

Trying to customize the template "revenue forecast" in Excel. The template
comes with 4 tabs, one is read me (which provides little assistance), a
revenue forecast, calculations, and dashboard tab. The revenue forecast tab
comes with 41 lines, I added another 40. Trying to figure out how to
manipulate the DSUM to include my new lines of data in the revenue forecast,
with the calculation tab. Went to my IS Department, they couldn't figure it
out. Anyone have an idea, or where is the best place to get some help with
this template?
--
Never blend in, FJHawley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Trying to follow the logic but what is strange when you look at the
template's first tab you don't see any references to the columns as
identified in the following code:=DSUM(DB,"Optimistic Forecast",$O$3:$P4)
The first tab seems to be feeding the calculations tab through the above
coding, but I am not seeing the relationship to the columns. Usually
understand it is just a matter of expanding the columns or fields added, but
this code doesn't matchup with the columns.
Make Sense?
--
Never blend in, FJHawley

"fjhawley" wrote:

Trying to customize the template "revenue forecast" in Excel. The template
comes with 4 tabs, one is read me (which provides little assistance), a
revenue forecast, calculations, and dashboard tab. The revenue forecast tab
comes with 41 lines, I added another 40. Trying to figure out how to
manipulate the DSUM to include my new lines of data in the revenue forecast,
with the calculation tab. Went to my IS Department, they couldn't figure it
out. Anyone have an idea, or where is the best place to get some help with
this template?
--
Never blend in, FJHawley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

P.S. Shane,Thank you for the reply, very much appreciated
--
Never blend in, FJHawley