Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default timesheet and overtime formula/s

Col D5: Start time
Col E5: Finish time
Col F5: Ordinary Hours

Above are all worked out, my problem is in calculating overtime
automatically and placing in:

Col H5: I want time and a half (first 3 hours)
Col I5: I want double time (after first 3 hours)

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
look into CPearson Web

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Andy Bolger" wrote:

Col D5: Start time
Col E5: Finish time
Col F5: Ordinary Hours

Above are all worked out, my problem is in calculating overtime
automatically and placing in:

Col H5: I want time and a half (first 3 hours)
Col I5: I want double time (after first 3 hours)

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do you calculate overtime? Assuming it's anything over 8 hours, in G5
use:
=max(f5-8,0)

Time and a half hours a
=min(3,g5)

Double time hours a
=max(0,g5-3)

Regards,
Fred

"Andy Bolger" wrote in message
Col D5: Start time
Col E5: Finish time
Col F5: Ordinary Hours

Above are all worked out, my problem is in calculating overtime
automatically and placing in:

Col H5: I want time and a half (first 3 hours)
Col I5: I want double time (after first 3 hours)

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm providing two solutions that depend on whether the overtime is on top of
the normal hours, or if this is overtime alone.

If overtime alone. (all time is either *1.5 or *2)

F = E-D
H = (if((E-D)3,3,(E-D)))*1.5
I = ((E-D)-3)*2

If 40 hours is considered in the mix: