Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is it possible?

I am making a worksheet with a drop down option for Disciplinary
Actions....i.e. Oral Reprimand, Written Reprimand, Suspension, Separation for
Cause

Is it possible that if someone selects Suspension, that another box opens
off of it so you can put in the number of days? Or will that have to be done
in a separate cell?

If it does have to be done in a separate cell, how do I do a condition to
lock and unlock the cell based on whether or not they select suspension?

As always, thanks a million!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Amanda

A cell to enter the number of days would be ideal. One way is to conditional
format the number of days cell to (grey)..

With Col D with dropdown list and ColE being the number of days.you can have
the below conditional formatting in ColE which will grey out unless the entry
in the corresponding ColD is 'Suspension'
=AND(D1<"",D1<"Suspension")

PS:Or else you will have to use a macro..in (WorkSheet_Change event)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria