Default FAO Conrad Calberg (Excel Sales Forecasting...)

Hello,

I just bought your new book. To my dismay I found out that the data
files used in the book are NOT available, nor is your contact (both in
book and publisher's website).

I am not keen on using newsgroups so I do not know where to locate u; I
suppose you use them since u mention them in your book.

If you happen to see this, please reply as I am in very much need of
the book's data files!

If anyone who reads this can help, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you

Bob Phillips

Why don't you write to the publishers?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I just bought your new book. To my dismay I found out that the data
files used in the book are NOT available, nor is your contact (both in
book and publisher's website).

I am not keen on using newsgroups so I do not know where to locate u; I
suppose you use them since u mention them in your book.

If you happen to see this, please reply as I am in very much need of
the book's data files!

If anyone who reads this can help, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you

Dennis

First of all sorry for mispelling the man's name, I am a bit of
dyslexic, it wasn't intentional.

Sure, I'll write to Wiley, register and send my complaints to some
random e-mail address they've got for the occasion; then wait and c how
many days I'll have to wait for a response!

Thanks.

JE McGimpsey

Since Conrad Carlberg hasn't posted in a microsoft.excel* newsgroup
(under that name, at least) since 17 June 2002, I suspect you'll have
more success with Wiley.

Rather than a random email address, though, I'd try the Technical
Support link on their Dummies.com website, though:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-100100.html

choose the "Ask a Question/Report a Problem" or "Live Chat" tab...

You'll probably have even more success if you spell out common words...

In article . com,
"Dennis" wrote:

Sure, I'll write to Wiley, register and send my complaints to some
random e-mail address they've got for the occasion; then wait and c how
many days I'll have to wait for a response!

Dennis

I figured out the most appropriate e-mail address to send my query to
and got a response which little had to do with what I asked.

I am going to have to take my chances with Live Chat...

Thanks

Dennis

What a waste of a book.

What's the point behind not making the data files available for
download?

I used Live Chat only to receive some ambiguous responses by an
accordingly trained operator who was trying to make the case for the
lack of data files quoting excerpts from the book.

What a DUMMY am I for buying this book. As the author suggets (inside
the book!), you should use your own business data for practise
purposes. Now, what are the chances that a dummy runs his own
business?

:(

Debra Dalgleish

There are download files he

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...37,page-1.html

Maybe they're the ones you're looking for.

Dennis wrote:
What a waste of a book.

What's the point behind not making the data files available for
download?

I used Live Chat only to receive some ambiguous responses by an
accordingly trained operator who was trying to make the case for the
lack of data files quoting excerpts from the book.

What a DUMMY am I for buying this book. As the author suggets (inside
the book!), you should use your own business data for practise
purposes. Now, what are the chances that a dummy runs his own
business?

:(

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dennis

Hey Thanks Debra; unfortunately they're not!

These are add-ins to support decision analysis.

I managed to contact the author, very helpful chap, who advised me that
the data files for the examples in the book are not available.

Shame.