Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Viewing data in a single column

Hi friends,

I have an Excel spreadsheet set up for health care and records for our
many animals. Each column is assigned to a different animal's name,
and each row corresponds to a specific date. Whenever reviewing a
specific animal's history, I find myself scrolling up and down a
column, watching the Formula Bar for data. I'm sure there must be a
better way to view all data in a given column - maybe a way to filter
out all adjacent columns and/or isolate the data in a more readable
form.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Doug
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 16, 1:48*pm, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Why not just use datafilterautofilterfilter on the column for NON blanks

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
wrote in message

Hi friends,

I have an Excel spreadsheet set up for health care and records for our
many animals. Each column is assigned to a different animal's name,
and each row corresponds to a specific date. Whenever reviewing a
specific animal's history, I find myself scrolling up and down a
column, watching the Formula Bar for data. I'm sure there must be a
better way to view all data in a given column - maybe a way to filter
out all adjacent columns and/or isolate the data in a more readable
form.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Doug- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much for the suggestion. That is exactly the kind of view I
needed. One more related question: How can I temporarily hide data in
all other columns so that all I see is just the filtered column data?