Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mixed Data in column

Hi group. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am working on a vacancy report comparing data dumped out of our phone
system to the Workforce Mangement Schedule.

My data comes out of the phone system like this:

Name Logged Time
Smith, Joe 7:03:06:08 (time logged for the month)
Jun 01 08:04:23 (time logged for the day)
Jun 02 04:31:44 (time logged for the day)
etc......
Jones, Pam 4:14:51:11
Jun 01 08:00:01
Jun 05 07:45:23

If there is no data for the day, then the row is not included, so the rows
float.

Any idea how I can say in a different spreadsheet (the schedule sheet) if
the cell = "Smith, Joe" find "Jun 01" without it pulling info from the other
people?

I hope that's a little clearer than mud.

Thanks in advance,

Greg