Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multuiple Lookup Tables

Hi Guys, I want to use lookup tables on multiple tables. I was hoping to
somewhow have the user select the table from a drop down menu (eg Table 1)
then have the lookup function change to search through the selected table.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=VLOOKUP(A17,INDIRECT(B17),2)

Where B17 contains selected table name.

--
Lil

?B?RGluZ2Vyeg==?= wrote in
:

Hi Guys, I want to use lookup tables on multiple tables. I was hoping
to somewhow have the user select the table from a drop down menu (eg
Table 1) then have the lookup function change to search through the
selected table. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that however I want it to refer to another worksheet. So for
example i have at the moment:
=OFFSET('SAFT LE Range'!A1,MATCH(Calculator!F41,'SAFT LE Range'!B8:B41,1),0)

i want something like this

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(D42,A1),MATCH(Calculator!F41,INDI RECT(D42)!B8:B41,1),0)

I know its incorrect but you get the idea.

"Liliana" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(A17,INDIRECT(B17),2)

Where B17 contains selected table name.

--
Lil

?B?RGluZ2Vyeg==?= wrote in
:

Hi Guys, I want to use lookup tables on multiple tables. I was hoping
to somewhow have the user select the table from a drop down menu (eg
Table 1) then have the lookup function change to search through the
selected table. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

If D42 contains the sheetname: SAFT LE Range
Then this should be what you seek to do:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&D42&"'!A1"),MATCH(Calculator! F41,INDIRECT("'"&D42&"'!B8:B41"),1),0)

Success? Punch it here, click the YES below
--
Max
Singapore