Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem Opening CSV Files from Web Links

Hello Everyone,

I have a few computers running various versions of Excel. On some of these
computers, clicking on a link to a CSV file on a web site will result in
Internet Explorer bringing up a window with Excel embedded and all of the
comma separated data in the proper columns. On other computers, Internet
Explorer will bring up the embedded Excel window, but all of the data for
each row is contained in column A instead of being separated out by the
comma. If instead of clicking on the link, you right click and save it to the
local drive and then type in the file name Excel will launch and load the
data and format it perfectly.

I am a little confused on this one. I have looked at the localization
settings and they are the same on all of the computers. The list entry under
numbers is a comma. Also, all of the computers have exactly the same file
associations under the folder view types.

Does anyone have any idea where I would go from here to get this resolved?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response.

When the Excel object is displayed in my browser windows, the Data menu does
not drop down so that option is not available.

I would like to find a way to make viewing this automatic. It is on some of
my computers (all with the same operating system) but it doesn't on others.
There has to be some Excel or Windows setting that is controlling this, but
nothing I have found does it.