Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink w/ vlookup

I have a list of companies with their addresses on a separate tab. I want to
set up a hyperlink so that, when I click on the company name, I am linked to
the cell on tab2 that displays their contact info. I'm thinking combination
of vlookup and hyperlink, but I'm not sure. How do I do this, or is there a
better way that I'm not considering?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way for the "match-n-jump-to" functionality sought
is illustrated in this working sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/2152556
Hyperlink_matching_record_in_another_sht.xls

The complete formula, inclusive error-trapping, looks like this:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,'By
Product'!B:B,0)),"",HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",I NDIRECT("'By
Product'!B"&MATCH(A2,'By Product'!B:B,0))),A2)))

Aloha? Click YES below
--
Max
Singapore