Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is my question being repeatedly deleted?

Why is my question being repeatedly deleted?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are having problems with an unreliable web interface to the newsgroup
(and it appears that none of your previous attempts have reached the
newsgroup), then you may wish to access the newsgroup more directly, or by a
different means:
a.. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/HintsA...roupUsers.aspx
a.. http://groups.google.com/group/micro...lic.excel.misc
--
David Biddulph

"ewindels" wrote in message
Why is my question being repeatedly deleted?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:
If you are having problems with an unreliable web interface
[...] you may wish to access the newsgroup more directly,
or by a different means:
[....]
a.. http://groups.google.com/group/micro...lic.excel.misc

FYI, I would not recommend Google Groups for microsoft.public NGs in
particular.

I used GG for a few years, and I discovered that many postings to m.p.excel
NGs did not appear in GG.

I never nailed it down, and I don't think it is GG's problem. In fact, I
think it is yet-another example of the unreliability of the MS Discussion
Groups web interface -- or more precisely, flawed design of the interaction
between the MS web and news servers. It seems that many, but not all,
postings through the web interface do not appear in GG, even though they are
indeed on the MS news server. I used to think it was just all initial
postings; I think I found that most follow-ups are okay. But I believe my
experiments found that the rule is not quite that simple.

(Caveat: It has been more than a year now, so my recollection might be
hazy.)

Anyway, that is why I switched to using Outlook Express to connect to the MS
news server directly. OE has its quirks; but it seems reliable. The only
problem is: the MS news server maintains only microsoft.public NGs. So I
have to use a different NG interface (I do choose GG) for other NGs.
Bummer!

"ewindels" wrote in message
Why is my question being repeatedly deleted?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Spammers seem to be able to spead their messages throug
googlegroups. I
doubt that I am in a majority but, I set my newsreader (Xnews)
to delete
mail with Message_IDs or References that include googlegroups.

ewindels,

You might try using a newsreader. There are plenty or free
newsreaders
available. Set your reader to server msnews.microsoft.com.

There is a list of readers he
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

If you happen to choose Xnews, you need to read this:
http://blinkynet.net/comp/xnewsrels.html

NOTE: I do not recommend Xnews if you only intend to use it
for
Microsoft groups. Xnews is a bottom poster. The standard in MS
newsgroups is top posting.

HTH
--
Lil