Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I search for the displayed value in a cell, not the contents?

I'm using Excel 2003. I'd like to search for the values in a cell, not the
formula. But Edit / Find (control-F) seems to look for the formula, not the
value as displayed

For example, I have a column with some date values of the form "4/27/09".
The column is formatted to display dates in the format 27-Apr-2009. I'd like
to be able to do a search for "27-Apr".

Similarly if the cell contains a formula, I'd like to be able to find the
value returned by the formula, not the formula itself.

Does Excel provide a way to search for displayed values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the find dialog there is an Options button. Click it to view the different
ways to perform your search. In the LookIn drop down switch from Formulas to
Values.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson