Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table - show all row fields

I would like to not show all row fields, but instead have the row field value
generate on each row within my pivot table, rather than just the first cell
in the group. This is to allow me to complete look-ups directly from my pivot
table, rather than to 're-build' it to the right hand side with = forumlae
which can then be over-written when the pivot data is refreshed.
e.g. instead of this

100 5D7
5D8
5D9
5E1
5KF
5KG
5KL
5KM
5ND
5NE
TAC
100 Total
101 5D7
5D8
5KF
5KG
5KL
5ND
5NE
TAC
101 Total
103 5D7
5D8
5KF

I would like this...

100 5D7
100 5D8
100 5D9
100 5E1
100 5KF
100 5KG
100 5KL
100 5KM
100 5ND
100 5NE
100 TAC
100 Total
101 5D7
101 5D8
101 5KF
101 5KG
101 5KL
101 5ND
101 5NE
101 TAC
101 Total
103 5D7
103 5D8
103 5KF

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not and keep it a pivottable.

I copy the pivottable to a new worksheet and paste|special values. That copy is
no longer a pivottable, but I can do anything I want to the data.

Including following these techniques from Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

--

Dave Peterson