Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I calculate standard error in excel?

How do I calculate standard error in excel?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Calculating the standard error in Excel
[list=1][*]Enter your data into an Excel spreadsheet.[*]Click on an empty cell where you want to display the standard error.[*]Type the formula
Code:
=STDEV.S(range)/SQRT(COUNT(range))
into the cell, where "range" is the range of cells containing your data.[*]Press Enter to calculate the standard error.[*]The result will be displayed in the cell you selected.

Note that the
Code:
STDEV.S
function calculates the standard deviation of the sample, while the
Code:
COUNT
function counts the number of cells in the range. Dividing the standard deviation by the square root of the count gives you the standard error.

That's it! You have now calculated the standard error in Excel.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Kyle" wrote:
How do I calculate standard error in excel?

=STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

Note that in Excel, STDEV is the sample std dev (variance computed using
n-1), not the population std dev (STDEVP; variance computed using n)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your referring to statistics, I think you mean standard deviation (how far
data is off from the average). In which case, you want to use STDEV.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends on your definition of standard error. Is this what you're looking for?

http://mtsu32.mtsu.edu:11009/Graphin..._Std_Error.htm

HTH,

Eric

"Kyle" wrote:

How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look up "standard error" in the Excel help file and see what is says about "STEYX"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Kyle"
How do I calculate standard error in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

assuming that your data are as :
Known y's are in range A2: A20
Known x's are in tange B2 : B20

try this
=STEYX(A2:A20,B2:B20)
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

How do I calculate standard error in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Errata....

I wrote:
"Kyle" wrote:
How do I calculate standard error in excel?

=STDEV(range) / SQRT(COUNT(range))

As others noted, arguably it depends on what standard error you want. The
formula above is the standard error of the mean.