Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jc jc is offline

Default Auto Cell Sorting from WS to WS

I have one workbook with 14 sheets and each sheet represents different
regions in the country. On the first sheet I have a master list of contacts.
I want to be able to enter a function or formula that will sort the list of
contacts by region to each of their corresponding regional sheets. And in the
future I would like to be able to enter a contact on the first master sheet
and have excel continually update the other sheets as well. I hope I
explained this well enough. If you guys have any suggestions it will help me
out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Functions do not perform operations on the spreadsheet, they only return
values. To do what you want would require VBA programming, in which case you
would need to provide a lot more detail for anyone here to help.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JC" wrote:

I have one workbook with 14 sheets and each sheet represents different
regions in the country. On the first sheet I have a master list of contacts.
I want to be able to enter a function or formula that will sort the list of
contacts by region to each of their corresponding regional sheets. And in the
future I would like to be able to enter a contact on the first master sheet
and have excel continually update the other sheets as well. I hope I
explained this well enough. If you guys have any suggestions it will help me
out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jc jc is offline

Shane,

Thanks for the response I will try my hand at Visual Basic but their will
probably more questions to follow