Old July 9th 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing capslock letters into normal letters

Hi,

If I copy paste a certain file from a certain database into Excel, some
columns will contain data (text) with only capslock letters....

DOG
MONKEY
RABBIT
...etc

Is it possible to change this at once into 'normal' letters like:

dog
monkey
rabbit
... etc

And is it possible to change it into 'normal' letters, starting with one
capital, like:

Dog
Monkey
Rabbit
....etc

Thanks a lot in advance.
Marieke

Old July 9th 09, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=LOWER(A1) to change to lower case
=PROPER(A1) to change to proper case ( only first letter cap'ed)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200858

Old July 9th 09, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

for each c in range("a2:a22")
c.value=lcase(c.value)
next c

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old July 9th 09, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See help on LOWER and PROPER functions.

You need a helper cell with a formula like =PROPER(A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP