Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default LOOKUP OR MATCH QUESTION PLEASE

I have a workbook with three worksheets. The first is a list of employees
with employment details and the first worksheet is a summary page. I have
set up a drop down list for the employees and use this as a reference to
select the employee with links set up, I now have the informations showing
from the employees worksheet - all ok. My problem is the sales worksheet. I
have a list of the employees (in a column) with different supplier's name
(another column and then seperate columns for clothing items with the
purchase costs.

With a filter, it looks like this :

Employee Supplier Trousers Shirts Jumpers
Tom Jones Coles $125.00 $50.00 $54.00
Tom Jones K-Mart $25.00 $15.00 $25.00

My problem is I am trying to show the items purchased by Tom Jones as
seperate lines ie Coles and then K-Mart with the purchase price in a row. I
can show the first line of Coles but if I copy down it still shows Coles and
not K-mart. I have used VLookup, Lookup, and Match but I can't seem to get
it to work. Also the first line doesn't show the correct amounts he spent on
the items he purchased. What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You've done a nice job of showing us what your data looks like, could you
also show us how you want your results to display.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Phyl" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Summary sheet has the drop down list for selecting an employee

The selected employe now shows his employment details opposite his name
along with the hours he has worked as I also have a drop down list for the
week starting, it also picks up his hours worked for the week.

Under this I also want to show the purchases that he has made from the sales
worksheet to calculate his bonus percentage on the purchases for the company.
As the employees have more than one line for these items, I need each line
to be link to the person listed. That is what my problem is. I cannot show
the list of items as they appear when using the auto filter in the worksheet.

Thanks