Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel: Format empty date cells

How do I format empty date cells to be blank instead of displaying 01/00/00 ?
--
Kevin O''''Grady
Woodbridge, VA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there a formula in the cell?

Try this general approach:

=IF(your_formula=0,"",your_formula)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"kogrady" wrote in message
How do I format empty date cells to be blank instead of displaying
01/00/00 ?
--
Kevin O''''Grady
Woodbridge, VA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do I format empty date cells to be blank instead of displaying
01/00/00 ?

If it displays like that, chances are it isn't really empty -- it contains
the number zero.

If you want such cells to display as blank, try
Format Cells Custom
with this in the "Type" box:
mm/dd/yy;;""
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

try the following custom format:

[0]m/d/yyyy;

Format, Cells, Number tab, Custom, and enter it on the type line

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire