Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there a function to round down in Excel?

If I use Round(A1,0), if the value of A1 is 0.6, Round(A1,0) will be
1.

However, I want to round DOWN to 0 for 0.6. In other words, I only
want to keep the integer part of the number. Even if it's 1.9, after
rounding, I want it to be 1 instead of 2.

Any suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to round DOWN to 0

I assume that means there will not be any negative numbers.

Try this:

=INT(A1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Curious" wrote in message
If I use Round(A1,0), if the value of A1 is 0.6, Round(A1,0) will be
1.

However, I want to round DOWN to 0 for 0.6. In other words, I only
want to keep the integer part of the number. Even if it's 1.9, after
rounding, I want it to be 1 instead of 2.

Any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

While ROUNDDOWN (and ROUNDUP) do exist, what you're asking for is just the
integer, so you can use
=INT(A1)

If you *really* wanted ROUNDDOWN
=ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Curious" wrote:

If I use Round(A1,0), if the value of A1 is 0.6, Round(A1,0) will be
1.

However, I want to round DOWN to 0 for 0.6. In other words, I only
want to keep the integer part of the number. Even if it's 1.9, after
rounding, I want it to be 1 instead of 2.

Any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Functions which you may wish to look at in Excel help include:
ROUNDDOWN
INT
TRUNC
FLOOR

The "See Also" entry in Excel help for a given function will often tell you
about similar or related functions.
--
David Biddulph

"Curious" wrote in message
If I use Round(A1,0), if the value of A1 is 0.6, Round(A1,0) will be
1.

However, I want to round DOWN to 0 for 0.6. In other words, I only
want to keep the integer part of the number. Even if it's 1.9, after
rounding, I want it to be 1 instead of 2.

Any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

besides the INT and ROUNDOWN functions you could use:

=TRUNC(A1,0)
=FLOOR(A1,1)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Curious" wrote:

If I use Round(A1,0), if the value of A1 is 0.6, Round(A1,0) will be
1.

However, I want to round DOWN to 0 for 0.6. In other words, I only
want to keep the integer part of the number. Even if it's 1.9, after
rounding, I want it to be 1 instead of 2.

Any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks to all of you! This is helpful.