Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot tables in excel

Hi, kind of new to pivot tables. What I would like to know is after one
creates a pivot table. And then I decide I need a new extra colum that will
still be connected to the pivot table.
Well how do I do that??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To add field:
Right-click on table, show field list, drag the field you want into your
report.

Adding a column to raw data that feeds PivotTable:
Right-click on table, view wizard, click 'back' until you get to the data
selection window. Increase the size as needed, then hit 'finish'. (note that
you then need to add the field as well)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"sword_fishx" wrote:

Hi, kind of new to pivot tables. What I would like to know is after one
creates a pivot table. And then I decide I need a new extra colum that will
still be connected to the pivot table.
Well how do I do that??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Assuming you have just added a new column to the raw data, to the right of
the old data, choose PivotTable, Chart Wizard, Back
then hold down the Shift key and press the right arrow once, click finish.

In 2007 right-clicking will not give you access to the needed command
(why?). Instead, select the pivot table and choose PivotTable Tools,
Options, Change Data Source...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire