Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My Recent Documents

Hi

When I open Excel 2007 the "My Recent Documents" list in Windows XP under
the START menu displays the list of system files opened for Excel:

ATPVBAEN.XLAM
EUROTOOL.XLAM
FUNCRES.XLAM
HTML.XLAM
LOOKUP.XLAM
PERSONAL.XLSB
SUNIF.XLAM

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can turn it off?

Many thanks,

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know why these are showing up on your StartDocuments list but they
are all legitimate Excel files.

All are add-ins(*.XLAM) you most likely have enabled under the add-ins
manager.

Disable them if you don't want them loaded when Excel starts up.

Personal.xlsb would be your personal macro workbook.

It would be stored in your XLSTART folder.

You can move it out of there but I would leave it in case you have some
macros you need for all open workbooks.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Lee Diggins" wrote:

Hi

When I open Excel 2007 the "My Recent Documents" list in Windows XP under
the START menu displays the list of system files opened for Excel:

ATPVBAEN.XLAM
EUROTOOL.XLAM
FUNCRES.XLAM
HTML.XLAM
LOOKUP.XLAM
PERSONAL.XLSB
SUNIF.XLAM

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can turn it off?

Many thanks,

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord

Thanks for the reply.

I understand these are add-in files and the inportance of personal.xlmb
file, I just have no idea why these are showing up in the recent documents
folder, it's crazy.

Maybe there's a registry setting somewhere forcing these to display, I'll
keep looking for a solution.

Regards,

Lee

"Lee Diggins" wrote:

Hi

When I open Excel 2007 the "My Recent Documents" list in Windows XP under
the START menu displays the list of system files opened for Excel:

ATPVBAEN.XLAM
EUROTOOL.XLAM
FUNCRES.XLAM
HTML.XLAM
LOOKUP.XLAM
PERSONAL.XLSB
SUNIF.XLAM

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can turn it off?

Many thanks,

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot replicate the condition.

I have several add-ins loading regularly but never see them show up in the
StartDocuments list.

Has to be a Windows setting, not Excel.

Post back if you discover a cure.

Gord

"Lee Diggins" wrote:

Hi

When I open Excel 2007 the "My Recent Documents" list in Windows XP under
the START menu displays the list of system files opened for Excel:

ATPVBAEN.XLAM
EUROTOOL.XLAM
FUNCRES.XLAM
HTML.XLAM
LOOKUP.XLAM
PERSONAL.XLSB
SUNIF.XLAM

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can turn it off?

Many thanks,

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I have found a hotfix for this issue - KB966310 - which can be found he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/966310

After applying this fix and opening Excel, 'My Recent Documents' disappeared
from the Start menu, so I had to reapply the setting in taskbar properties. I
had to do this twice, once to uncheck and remove My Recent Documents (even
though it had disappeared) and then check it and add it back onto the Start
menu.

I now have none of my add-ins displaying in the recent documents list.

Thanks MS.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord