Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create a formula that gives number records with certain d

I am trying to create a formula that looks at a list of records in a column
on another sheet in the same workbook and tells me how mnay records show a
date bewteen two specified dates. For example, I want to know how many
clients we had contact with in the first quarter of 2009.
Here is what I tried.
=SUM(IF('SO Youth'!$G$3:$G$476=DATEVALUE("7/1/2008"),IF('SO
Youth'!$G$3:$G$476<DATEVALUE("10/1/2008"),1,0),0))
Even though I know there are 46 records with dates between those specified
in the formula, the result I am getting is zero.
Any thoughts?