Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple drop down menu

A41 is a drop down with names from A800 through A818
C41 is a drop down with monday to friday C799 through H799
lets say Bob is in A800 and E800 shows 12 hours -- D799 is a Tuesday
16 hours E799
is a Wednesday etc.
if I Hit drop down box and click on Bob and then hit on the next drop down
and click on Wednesday is it possible to have D41 will display 16 hours
but if I click on Tuesday D41 will display 12 hours

--
grizz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Apparently none of the suggestions you got last night worked but this
description of your setup is different.

with monday to friday C799 through H799

Mon to Fri is 5 days but C799 through H799 is 6 cells.

Let's assume the range is C799:G799

Try this formula in D41:

=VLOOKUP(A41,A800:G818,MATCH(C41,A799:G799,0),0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP