Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Round up an average

I'm trying to do something pretty simple (I thought). I would like to
average a column and then round up the results. I'm doing the formula:

=roundup(AVERAGE(A1:A5))

And receiving an error message that it has too few arguments. How do I
round up an average?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Round up an average

To round up an average in Excel, use the ROUNDUP function

To round up an average in Excel, you can use the
Code:
ROUNDUP
function. The error message you received is because the
Code:
ROUNDUP
function requires two arguments: the number you want to round up, and the number of decimal places to round to. Here's how you can fix your formula:
  1. Code:
    =ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:A5),0)

In this formula, we're using the
Code:
AVERAGE
function to calculate the average of the range A1:A5, and then passing that result as the first argument to the
Code:
ROUNDUP
function. The second argument is 0, which means we want to round up to the nearest whole number.

If you want to round up to a specific number of decimal places, you can change the second argument of the
Code:
ROUNDUP
function. For example, to round up to two decimal places, you would use:
  1. Code:
    =ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:A5),2)

This will give you the average of the range A1:A5, rounded up to two decimal places.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=roundup(AVERAGE(A1:A5))

You have to tell it how many digits to round to For example, to roundup to
the nearest whole number:

=ROUNDUP(AVERAGE(A1:A5),0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kirstin" wrote in message
I'm trying to do something pretty simple (I thought). I would like to
average a column and then round up the results. I'm doing the formula:

=roundup(AVERAGE(A1:A5))

And receiving an error message that it has too few arguments. How do I
round up an average?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!

--