Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop-Down Menu

Creating a drop-down menu. I alreadsy created the list and named per
procedures. I've done this in the past but having trouble this time. When I
did the Data-Validation, I keep on getting an error: "the list source must be
a delimited list". I do not know what this means? what am I doing wrong? pls
help! thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A delimited list is one whose elements are separated by a 'delimiter' -
typically a comma or a semicolon.

If you are trying to type the allowable list elements into the data
validation pop-up form (as opposed to using a range of cells that
contain the list elements), use a comma as the delimiter.

Hope this helps!

--
jamescox
jamescox's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=449

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP