Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula quandary?

Still a noob when it comes to excel formulas

I was gratefully given a formula
=IF(A1="New York",25,"")

When I wanted to make cell A7 come up the number 25 if cell A1 is New York

Now I want to know if can place multiples in that same cell for two other
locations for example:

Maine will equal the number 48 and
Alaska will equal the number 13

I tried a couple of things but didnt work
How do I go about doing that please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=IF(A1="New York",25,IF(A1="Maine",48,IF(A1="Alaska",13,"")))

In case you have more check out the help on VLOOKUP()

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"shallowz" wrote:

Still a noob when it comes to excel formulas

I was gratefully given a formula
=IF(A1="New York",25,"")

When I wanted to make cell A7 come up the number 25 if cell A1 is New York

Now I want to know if can place multiples in that same cell for two other
locations for example:

Maine will equal the number 48 and
Alaska will equal the number 13

I tried a couple of things but didnt work
How do I go about doing that please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Best to always stay with the thread you started first.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP