Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Referrences of multiple cells from one worksheet to another

I need to take the information from multiple worksheets and summarize into
another worksheet. I know how to set up one cell at a time onto the Summary
Worksheet but is there a way to do large areas of cells at one time??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I don't know if I totally understand what you want to do but you can use

=sum(sheet1!A1:T1)+sum(sheet2!b1:d1)

or if the totals you want to summarize are in the same row in all worksheets

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!B12:E12)

being sheet1 the first sheet and sheet3 the last one

"Banker" wrote:

I need to take the information from multiple worksheets and summarize into
another worksheet. I know how to set up one cell at a time onto the Summary
Worksheet but is there a way to do large areas of cells at one time??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for your response. Maybe this will help - I need to copy the cell
contents from each of 7 worksheets - cells B8:G59 into one last worksheet.
On the last worksheet, the contents of Sheet 1 would be in cells B8:G59; the
contents of Sheet 2 would be in cells B60:G111; the contents of Sheet 3 would
be in cells B112:G163, and so on until all of the contents of each sheet are
also listed on the last worksheet. In other words I want the last worksheet
to contain a list all of the data that is entered into any one of the seven
other worksheets.

Does that make more sense??

"Banker" wrote:

I need to take the information from multiple worksheets and summarize into
another worksheet. I know how to set up one cell at a time onto the Summary
Worksheet but is there a way to do large areas of cells at one time??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response. Maybe this will help:
I want the data in cells B8:G59 on each of 7 worksheets to ALSO show on
Worksheet #8 with the data moved as follow:
Sheet 1 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B8:G59
Sheet 2 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B60:G111
Sheet 3 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B112:G163
and so on until all of data from the 7 worksheet is ALSO listed on Worksheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try Ron's:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Max
Singapore
"Banker" wrote:
Thanks for the response. Maybe this will help:
I want the data in cells B8:G59 on each of 7 worksheets to ALSO show on
Worksheet #8 with the data moved as follow:
Sheet 1 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B8:G59
Sheet 2 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B60:G111
Sheet 3 data from B8:G59 will show on Worksheet #8 on B112:G163
and so on until all of data from the 7 worksheet is ALSO listed on Worksheet

I hope this is clearer.