Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File opens blank - but it's not blank

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a specific Excel 2003 file. I have a file that
resides on a shared drive that several people open/edit. For one particular
user (maybe others, but at least for one) when she opens the file Excel opens
up, but the entire window is blank, no sheets or anything at the bottom of
the page. If she opens up a different spreadsheet, then maximizes the one
with the problem, it displays just fine, but everytime she closes it and
reopens it, it's back to the same problem.

I did a bit of googling, and found a note someone who was having a similar
problem said was caused by the screen resolutions of the various users
opening the file, and to increase this users resolution, open the file, save
it, close it, and reset the resolution back to where she had it (1024x768)
and open it again and it should fix it, but it does the same thing. This
particular user has two displays if that might figure in anywhere.

Anyway, it only seems to be happening on this one file. Any advice on what
to try? If I open this file with either Excel 2007 or 2003 on my PC, it
opens fine.

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd ask her to open excel and that file.

But then to use Window|Arrange|Tiled (and resize the way she likes).

I wouldn't fiddle with the screen resolution.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks. I don't know how it got in that
shape, but in the end, getting it fixed is what's important.

Mike

Mike wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think that it is the difference between screen resolutions. I've seen this
when someone opened a file on their laptop and arranged windows the way they
like.

Then when I opened the same file on my desktop, that location is off the visible
screen.

I may be able to screw around with those screen resolutions so I could see
things (depending on lots of stuff), but then I'd be messing up how almost
everything else looks on my pc.