Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking to panes by changing value in a cell - is it possible?

Hi,

Let's say I have 10 panels, which I have called 1, 2, 3, ... 10. The
structure of the content in the 10 panels is identical, but the data
is not.

Let's say that I have created and panel that I call 'overview'. In
this 'overview' panel, I have a cell, where I can type the name of a
panel (say the number 8). When I change this value, the formulas in
the 'overview' panel change in the sense that they now link to the
panel I have typed (say 8).

Is this possible, and if so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I need to explain more/better:

lts say I am in the overview sheet, and I have the following formula,
which links to A1 in Panel8:

=Panel8!A1

What I want is a cell in the overview sheet, where I can type, Panel8,
or Panel9, or Panel10, etc, and when
I do the formula above changes accordingly to =Panel8!A1, =Panel9!A1,
=Panel10!A1 etc.

The point is, in other words, to change the linking dynamically. I
hope this makes things clearer.