Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default naming a column

How do I give a name to a column, rather than just leaving it as "A", "B",
"C", etc.? If, for example, I want column A to be for items and column B to
be for prices, how do I change the "A" at the top to read "item" and the "B"
to read "price"?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You can't. Just use the 1st row to name your column headers, ie in B1 across
--
Max
Singapore

"wolffjrs" wrote:

How do I give a name to a column, rather than just leaving it as "A", "B",
"C", etc.? If, for example, I want column A to be for items and column B to
be for prices, how do I change the "A" at the top to read "item" and the "B"
to read "price"?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot. Usually the header text is placed in the top row of your data
(say Row1).

However you can name a range..to refer in formulas..Refer
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria