Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert to Values

Excel 2007

One thing that I do frequently in Excel is convert a range to formulas to
values. The thought hit me today that it would be handy if there was a
Convert to Values option on the context menu so that a person would just
need to highlight the range, right-click, and select the Convert to Values
option. All Excel would need to do is run an automatic copy and paste
special.

Are there any add-ons out there that make this possible? If not, it there a
way for me to add this functionality myself via a custom function or
something?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Thomas

See this page for code examples
http://www.rondebruin.nl/values.htm

You can add a macro in your personal.xlsb if you want or create a add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Thomas M." wrote in message ...
Excel 2007

One thing that I do frequently in Excel is convert a range to formulas to
values. The thought hit me today that it would be handy if there was a
Convert to Values option on the context menu so that a person would just
need to highlight the range, right-click, and select the Convert to Values
option. All Excel would need to do is run an automatic copy and paste
special.

Are there any add-ons out there that make this possible? If not, it there a
way for me to add this functionality myself via a custom function or
something?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply.

So I can setup a macro with a hot key combination, and that should suffice,
but I'm still curious as to whether or not there is any way to add a custom
command to a context menu in Excel. Is there any way to do that?

--Tom

"Thomas M." wrote in message
Excel 2007

One thing that I do frequently in Excel is convert a range to formulas to
values. The thought hit me today that it would be handy if there was a
Convert to Values option on the context menu so that a person would just
need to highlight the range, right-click, and select the Convert to
Values option. All Excel would need to do is run an automatic copy and
paste special.

Are there any add-ons out there that make this possible? If not, it
there a way for me to add this functionality myself via a custom function
or something?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

How about adding the Paste Values tool to your toolbar, there is one under
View, Toolbars, Customize, Commands tab, Edit Category.

Actually there is also a Paste Special button available and if you are using
2007 there is a Paste Special shortcut key - Ctrl+Alt+V

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Thomas M." wrote:

Excel 2007

One thing that I do frequently in Excel is convert a range to formulas to
values. The thought hit me today that it would be handy if there was a
Convert to Values option on the context menu so that a person would just
need to highlight the range, right-click, and select the Convert to Values
option. All Excel would need to do is run an automatic copy and paste
special.

Are there any add-ons out there that make this possible? If not, it there a
way for me to add this functionality myself via a custom function or
something?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Thomas

You you can add a Paste Values button to the Cell menu if you want.
You must do this wil code one time.

Below you find a macro to add it and to delete it

Sub Add_Paste_Special_Button()
' This will add the Paste Special button to the cell menu
Application.CommandBars("cell").Controls. _
Add Type:=msoControlButton, ID:=370, befo=1
End Sub

Sub Delete_Paste_Special_Button()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("cell").FindControl(ID:=37 0).Delete
On Error GoTo 0