Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default page names in a workbook

could someone please tell me if there is a way to automatically increment the
sheets in a workbook .. say if the first sheet is renamed July 1 and I need
thiry one pages up to July 31st? and if I put the date in cell a1.. then
every time I make a new sheet that date will change .. except on Saturday and
Sunday it will add 2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

There is nothing built-in to do this in Excel.

You will need to use code. However, I don't follow the logic - you want 31
sheets but you are skipping Saturday and Sunday? That means you are in
August if you started on July 1. Do you want to do this simply for a month
of weekdays? Do you want the sheets added from left to right or right to
left?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Kate" wrote:

could someone please tell me if there is a way to automatically increment the
sheets in a workbook .. say if the first sheet is renamed July 1 and I need
thiry one pages up to July 31st? and if I put the date in cell a1.. then
every time I make a new sheet that date will change .. except on Saturday and
Sunday it will add 2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI Shane.. Thanks for your time.. here are the details.. every month I need a
sheet for each day except Sat and Sunday.. they can be amalgamated as do not
have enough work those days to make a separate sheet for each day.. Gets
teadious to have to make and label these sheets for all the week days and
one for each weekend every month.. even if it would do them all Monday to
Friday.. then I'd only have to insert and rename the ones for the weekend...
the sheet name eg July 1 could also appear in cell A1 on the sheet... what do
you think?