Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto populate a list

I have a list of employee names and to each employee I want to assign a
number that corresponds to a medical plan.
My system will generate a list of names in which the employee's name appears
multiple times.
I want to be able to get this number I am assigning to their name to
automatically populate in a blank column next to their name every time it
appears.
Is there a tool or formula that I can use which will do this easily or is it
more complex? Thank you!